DATE: November 5, 2020
TIME: 7am PST, 10am EST, 4pm CET
Exosomes are a population of naturally occurring mobile, membrane-limited, 30 – 100 nm in diameter, extracellular vesicles containing a large number of proteins, lipids, messenger, and micro-RNAs. It was shown that they play a role in the mediation of intercellular communication, the modulation of immune-regulatory processes, tumor metabolism, and regenerative as well as degenerative processes. In recent years, there is increasing interest in the therapeutic potential of exosomes produced by Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs).
Stirred-tank bioreactors offer the possibility to tightly control and monitor the production of exosomes, as well as the scalability, to produce increasing amounts. However, the cultivation of stem cells in stirred-tank bioreactors requires profound knowledge and precise control of the process.
In our talk, we will highlight the potential and benefits of stirred-tank bioreactors in the cultivation of stem cells for exosome production. We will share our knowledge on how we developed the process in our DASbox® Mini Parallel Bioreactor System and scaled-up the process to 1 L controlled by our newest parallel bioreactor control system, the SciVario® twin.
· Scientists new to the cultivation of stem cells in bioreactors
· Experienced scientists looking for tips and tricks to improve their stem cell culture and EV production processes
- How to cultivate stem cells in a stirred-tank bioreactor: Learn how to identify the right cultivation method, vessel type, vessel material, and instrument configuration for your specific needs
- Learn how to define and optimize important parameters to improve culture results – incl. Tips & Tricks
- Live “Ask the Expert” session – Deepen your knowledge and optimize your process
This webinar is part of a virtual event. With attending the live webinar you will also have access to the Eppendorf Planet of Knowledge Platform on which more engaging and educational content about stem cell bioprocessing will be provided.
Webinars will be available for unlimited on-demand viewing after live event.
LabRoots is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E. ® Program. By attending this webinar, you can earn 1 Continuing Education credit once you have viewed the webinar in its entirety.