LabRoots is excited to announce our 9th Annual Genetics Virtual Week held on April 20-22, 2021!
Genetics Virtual Week 2021 will offer a multi-day content-rich program combining stellar expertise from world-renowned keynote and featured speakers in the areas of Genetics & Genomics an expanding field of biology and human health, Molecular Diagnostics, exploring best laboratory practices and novel diagnostic applications, and Precision Medicine, spanning innovative technologies and solutions transforming healthcare and changing how patients are treated today.
Over the three days, invited lectures, thought-provoking discussions, and posters will be presented by academia and industry experts, professionals in medical and clinical genetics, scientific leaders, and research scholars.
This year's Genetics Virtual Week includes the following tracks:
Genetics and Genomics
Advancements in Genomic Technologies
- Genome Editing
- Single Cell Genomics
- Spatial Genomics
Sex, Epigenetics, Aging, and Disease
- Sex Differences in Disease
- Epigenetics Clock
New Approaches in the Genetics of Disease
- Improving GWAS through Functional Filtering
- Genetic Drivers of Regulatory Networks
- LRS to increase the solve rate of undiagnosed diseases
- Structural Variation
- Telomere-to-Telomere Genome Assemblies
- Full-length RNA-Sequencing & Isoform Identification
- Metagenomics (or complex populations)
Emerging Technologies and Methodologies in Molecular Diagnostics
- Trends Towards Higher Complexity (PCR-NGS-single gene sequencing-panels-exome-WGS)
- High-throughput Technologies
- Customization and Increased Applicability of Panel Testing (respiratory infection pathogen panels)
- CRISPR-based Diagnostics
Liquid Biopsies (Cancer Monitoring and Screening)
- Kits and Panels
- Companion Diagnostics
Infectious Disease Diagnostics - COVID-19 Testing
- COVID-19 (Diagnostics: RT-PCR & Antigen)
- Antibody Testing
- Public Health and Screening
- FDA EUA Process & Evolvement
- Point of Care Testing
Therapeutics in Precision Medicine
- Gene Therapy / Nucleic Acid Modification
- Rare Disease / Orphan
- Current Status of Companion and Complementary Diagnostics
Precision Medicine in Clinical Practice
- Pharmacogenomics as a clinical tool
- Implementation and Adoption of precision medicine in routine clinical care
The Role of Technology in Precision Medicine
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software Tools
Our virtual conference allows you to participate in a global setting with no travel or cost to you. The event will remain open for 2 years from the date of the live event, and the webinars will be available for unlimited on-demand viewing. This virtual conference also offers increased reach for the global microbiology community with a high degree of interaction through live-streaming video and chat sessions.
Enjoy the interactive environment via live-streaming video and chat sessions with peers, and using the Leaderboard and Gamification to move around the entire event, earning points for a chance to win one of LabRoots most popular t-shirts.
Call for Posters — Virtual poster sessions offer the opportunity to present data to a global audience via a PDF poster and video summary and discuss results with interested colleagues through email. Plan now to have your poster included in the 2021 Genetics Virtual Week. Submit your free abstract here.
Continuing Education – LabRoots is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E. ® Program. By attending this event, you can earn 1 Continuing Education credit per presentation for a maximum of 50 credits. This event will also provide CEU's for Genetic Counselors and is pending approval by the NSGC.
Use #LRgenetics to follow the conversation!